A Supportive Approach
— Continued Guidance Through the Treatment Journey
Through the years of working with countless numbers of families, Tamara Ancona identified a huge void in the level of support being offered to her parent clients as they sought appropriate help for their struggling child. Often times, this meant placement outside of the home for their child, consequently altering exacerbating the emotional state of the parents and family. Hearing the cycle of complex feelings these parents were experiencing – from guilt and doubt, to relief and hope; from sadness and fear, to peace and validation –Tamara designed a working model of support services specifically for her clients that otherwise were not available to parents. This changed the course of educational consulting and significantly raised the standard of services offered to those parents needing help.
Some of what TAG Counseling Parents might expect is as follows:
- Continuous availability throughout all stages of the child’s placement(s)
- Continuous guidance and referrals to local professionals for parents and siblings as needed. Those may include individual counselors, family and marriage therapists, addictions support groups and other mental health experts
- Comprehensive Family Assessment, TAG FAMILY Connect™ | Learn More >>
- Customized Parent Support/Educational Groups*
- Lead by licensed professional counselor
- Safe, confidential forum for parents with children in residential therapeutic placement
- Theme-based topics
- Industry experts/guest speakers
- Intentionally small in design (up to 10)*By tapping into her skills and proficiency as a practicing clinician, prior to establishing TAG Counseling, Tamara Ancona pioneered one of the first Parent Support Groups nationwide (Fall, 2006) and the first ever in the Metro Atlanta Area. This distinction of being responsive to the salient needs of her clients remains a hallmark of her services.